As at the time of writing this, the world has recorded over 500,000 cases of Coronavirus (Covid-19), and it has a mortality rate of 4.3%, which is bad.
I think at this moment, everyone should ensure they follow strict rules placed by their Center for Disease Control (CDC) to contain this virus and stop it from spreading. There are numerous stories shared by people around the world who got the virus easily. For example, a man celebrated his marriage anniversary and invited just 10 persons, he tested positive the next day. The number one rule is to STAY AT HOME and be safe.
Recommended: Here’s what happened When I contacted CoronaVirus in Nigeria – Touching Story
Here are some simple and highly recommended precautions to reduce your chances of contracting the new coronavirus, which causes the disease known as COVID-19.
First, you should know that CoronaVirus (Covid-19) has no cure/vaccine yet, so preventative measures are your first line of defense. The best way to protect yourself from the COVID-19 virus is to practice good hygiene and to make these Centre for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations part of your routine until this virus is no-more.
Important Read: What CoronaVirus (Covid-19) Means for Nigerians and How to avoid it.
How to Protect Yourself From Covid-19.
Here are the most important steps you should follow and take if you want to protect yourself from this coronavirus (covid-19).
Ensure you clean your hands often.
- The first step to preventing this virus is to wash your hands. Make sure you wash your hands often enough with soap and water for at least 20 seconds under a running tab especially after you went to a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- However, if for some reasons soap and water are not available, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends the use of hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. To effectively use the hand sanitizer, cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Thirdly, ensure you avoid touching your face in general. The virus can’t enter your body through your palms, however, once you touch any surface, object contaminated with your hands, once you touched your face, the virus enters your body. So avoid touching your face in general, including your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Practise Social Distancing (avoiding close contact).
The reason why the Center for Disease Control (CDC) advises everyone to practice social distancing is because of how easily transmittable this virus is. Once a person is infected, they may not show symptoms until 2-14 days later, but during this period, they can easily transmit the virus to another human.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Always ensure you put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. Take note that this is important especially for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Finally, you should note that most people who become infected by this virus usually experience mild illness and may recover, but sometimes, it can be more severe for others, depending on their body system. Take care of your health and protect others by watching the video and following the instructions shared in it. It’s from the World Health Organization (WHO).
You can always keep yourself updated with the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak through the WHO website.
Stay Safe and share this to enlighten others too.