We all know that the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is an advocate for quality Open and Distance Learning (ODL). The good news is that the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) has now made it possible for all ODL tertiary/academic Institutions in member countries to offer its Executive MBA and MPA programs to the people of the following countries:
Bangladesh, Botswana, Cayman Islands, Ghana, Guyana, Jamaica, Malaysia, Mauritius, Nigeria, Seychelles, Sri Lanka, Tanzania and Pakistan. The executive of COL disclosed that these countries could learn at their own pace and, most importantly, at an affordable price to citizens of the above countries interested.
Recommended: JAMB Registration Closing Date 2024
The NOUN Commonwealth Executive MBA/MPA major aim is to complement existing MBA and MPA programmes that are currently being offered in the Commonwealth Countries to meet the social and professional demands for management and public administration education at the post-graduate level. Graduates of these programmes can work in these commonwealth countries, and don’t forget, the United Kingdom (UK) is also a commonwealth country.
The objectives of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Commonwealth Executive MBA/MPA include;
- The ability to produce quality managers that can practice widely across all Commonwealth countries.
- To tutor all students of these programmes and give them Master’s Degree in the areas of Business Administration and Public Administration, helping these students with professional growth and career advancement in any of these programmes fields.
- To develop human resources in various aspects of Business and Public administration.
Structure of NOUN MBA Programme.
The programmes involve the following two basic learning activities, and they include:
- Self-instructional course material.
- Dual mode of learning: Online Facilitation of coursework (Fridays & Saturdays) and all students are expected to partake in a monthly seminar presentation at either the NOUN study centre in FCT Abuja or Lagos state.
NOUN Executive MBA/MPA Programmes Duration.
2 (Two) years.
The National Open University of Nigeria MBA/MPA programme has a duration of 24 months (2 years).
NOUN Commonwealth Executive MBA/MPA Admission Requirements
Admission to the National Open University of Nigeria CEMBA/CEMPA programmes requires that the candidate has the following accreditations listed below:
- All applying candidates must have at least, five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at the ‘O’ level as basic requirement.
- All applying candidates are required to have a good first degree from NUC accredited University/Institution recognized by the Senate of NOUN or HND (lower credit) for Polytechnic in any course.
- A postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration/Public Administration or a related course approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
- Candidates should possess at least 3 years of Managerial experience from a recognized organization.
- Evidence of Professional Certification (e.g ICAN, ACCA, NIM, CIBN, CIPM, ANAN, CIS, etc) will help you get quicker and favorable response.
How Much Is The NOUN MBA/MPA Admission Form?
The application fee is N20,000.00 (twenty thousand Naira only) and it is payable via the Remita platform.
- CEMBA – Entrepreneurship & Leadership
- CEMBA – Forensic Accounting
- CEMBA – Digital Marketing
- CEMBA – Financial Management
- CEMBA – Human Capital Management
- CEMBA – Project Management
- CEMBA – Digital Economy
- CEMPA – Public Sector Management
- CEMPA – Public Policy Analysis
How To Apply for NOUN Commonwealth Executive MBA/MPA.
It is of utmost importance to note here, that all interested candidates seeking admission the National Open University of Nigeria CommonWealth Executive MBA/MPA 2023/2024 course are requested to complete the CEMBA/CEMPA form online at www.nou.edu.ng.
It is mandatory that all candidates provides evidence of payment and submits it to either the FCT Abuja or Lagos state CEMBA/CEMPA Office, National Open University of Nigeria.
Step 1: Complete the application form online through the NOUN website.
Step 2: Ensure that you have the 20,000 Naira ready in your band account. You need to pay using the Remita online payment.
Step 3: Submit evidence of payment to CEMBA/CEMPA office at our Abuja or Lagos office.
Visit the NOUN’s official website at https://www.nouonline.net and click on the Apply button provided on the site’s homepage. If you want further information on How to register, simply contact the NOUN’s executive at:
The CEMBA/CEMPA Programmes’ Coordinator, Faculty of Management Sciences.
- Phone number: (CEMBA/CEMPA): 07032237919, 08023178586, 08068313813 & 07069550388.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOUN MBA/MPA Closing Date.
Selection Interview Date.
Take note that the selection interview date will be communicated to the applicant via the email/phone number you provided during your registration.
All candidates who have successfully registered for the program will receive an email notification of the commencement date of the program.