Want to correct any wrongly filled information on JAMB? Then you better use the JAMB Data Correction Centre. Through this page, I’ll be showing you how to easily resolve these issues underlined below yourself.
- How to correct JAMB date of Birth.
- How to correct JAMB Profile Name,
- How to correct JAMB Email Address,
- How to correct JAMB Profile code,
- How to correct JAMB Subject Combination,
- How to correct JAMB Profile,
- How to correct JAMB Data.
Here is a complete step by step procedure on how to use the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) 2020/2021 correction of data platform.
With the JAMB correction of data, you can easily initiate the following:
- Gender Correction,
- State/LGA Correction,
- Change of Course/Institutions,
- Change of Name,
- Date of Birth,
- Passport Photograph Correction,
- UTME Subjects Correction.
NOTE: Take note that the JAMB 2020 Correction of Data Portal is usually inactive until the JAMB result is out and sometimes, most tertiary institution’s Post UTME form is out. However, good news to you, because the portal is now active, and open for corrections for both UTME and Direct Entry (DE) students.
Using this medium, we’ll love to notify members of the general public, that especially all UTME and Direct Entry candidates that mistakenly filled in the wrong information during their Registration that the JAMB Correction Of Data Portal is now open for the 2020/2021 admission process.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Take note that sometimes, correction of data for UTME and Direct Entry (DE) students commences immediately the sales of UTME forms closes.
Correction of Data/Changes includes the following listed below:
- Gender Correction – Available.
- State/LGA Correction – Available
- Choice of Institution/Course Correction – Available
- Names Correction – Available
- Date of Birth – Available
- Passport Photograph Correction – NOT Available (This option is only available during UTME registration)
- UTME Subjects Correction – NOT Available (This option is only available during UTME registration).
1. Gender Correction.
Candidates that the wrong gender was selected for them during their Registration can request for change of Gender. Supporting documents may be required to implement the change of data.
Take note that an indemnity (security) form will be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval by the JAMB board.
Gender Correction Price: Two thousand five hundred Naira only. (₦2,500)
2. State/L.G.A Origin.
Candidates who had the wrong Local government area (L.G.A) or State as theirs during the UTME registration can request for amendment of State/Local government through the JAMB portal.
Take note that supporting documents may be required to ensure that this is changed. An indemnity form will be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval.
State/L.G.A Origin Correction Price: Two thousand five hundred Naira only. (₦2,500)
3. Change Of Course/Institution.
Candidates can request for a change of course/institution through the JAMB correction center. Most times, if your JAMB score is less than your selected institution, it’s advisable to change the institution or course.
Change of Course/Institution Price: Two thousand five hundred Naira only. (₦2,500).
4. Correction Of Names.
Candidates are allowed to request for amendment of names e.g. Surname, First name, or Last name.
Correct of Names Price: Two thousand five hundred Naira only. (₦2,500).
5. Correction Of Date Of Birth.
This is for candidates whose date of birth is not correct. Through the JAMB correction data section, you’re allowed to request for amendment of Date of birth. Supporting documents may be required.
Also note that an indemnity form will be downloaded, printed, filled, and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval.
Price: Two thousand five hundred Naira only (₦2,500).
You should know that any of the above-listed corrections/changes can be done from the comfort of your home with either a Smartphone, tablet, laptop, or Desktop with an internet connection. However, I’ll recommend that you use a Laptop or Desktop computer for this.
It’s important to note here that correction of any of the above data comes with a separate fee of Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N2,500) only, as mentioned above. Do note that changing anything on the JAMB Data correction portal can only be done ONCE.
WARNING: For candidates who don’t fully know how to operate computers, we’ll advise you to visit any cyber cafe agent, or JAMB CBT registration centers, or JAMB offices to effect changes too.
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) management has sent out a warning to all UTME candidates, that they should not apply for a change of institution and change of course to institutions that have already done their Post UTME or concluded their admission process.
DIRECT ENTRY STUDENTS.
UTME board announce that the Sales and Purchase/Registration of the JAMB Direct Entry (DE) form is currently in progress.
Take Note that all Direct Entry (D.E) students have the options to correct the following data listed below:
- Names Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Date of Birth Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Passport Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Gender Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- State/LGA Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Profile Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- A’Level Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Choice of Institution/Course Correction (Correction can only be done ONCE with separate payments)
All Direct Entry (DE) candidates who want to correct their data on JAMB, should ensure that their indemnity form is sent to the nearest JAMB office.
DATA CORRECTION DEADLINE: UTME and DE candidates should note that the Data correction portal closes once Admission for this academic session ends.